New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation (NFO) will take place on September 12-14, 2023. Each year invitations are sent to new faculty members during the summer. Provost Persis Drell and Matthew Snipp, vice provost for faculty development, diversity and engagement will welcome new assistant, associate and full professors across all Stanford schools. The New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is an opportunity to learn of Stanford's resources and meet new colleagues. NFO 2023 AGENDA.
In addition to in-person workshops and meetings, an online New Faculty Orientation curriculum is available through Canvas.
The curriculum on Canvas will be available year round for new faculty members as they join Stanford (for access to the site, contact Laurita Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New faculty should also attend:
1. The orientation to Stanford Benefits hosted by University Human Resources, all workshops will be hosted via Zoom.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2023 (1-3 PM)
Wednesday, August 23, 2023 (1-3 PM)
Tuesday, September 5, 2023 (1-3 PM)
2. School-specific orientations. Contact your Faculty Affairs Officer to inquire.
Resources to Get Started at Stanford
New faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the resources available to you online here and in the New Faculty Orientation in Canvas, including:
- A checklist of to-do items to help you settle in to campus and guide you through your first year.
- Online new faculty orientation about resources and support available to you at Stanford. (Canvas site) Contact Laurita Wheeler (email@example.com) for access to the Canvas site.
New Faculty Orientation is organized by the Office of Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement.