The Faculty Development and Diversity Office, led by Vice Provost Karen Cook, supports the faculty through a variety of programs, such as orientation, talks, workshops, and events for new and junior faculty, department chairs and deans, and initiatives supporting faculty diversity.
The office assists in faculty recruitment and retention efforts to ensure that Stanford has an excellent and diverse faculty. The office works with deans, chairs and search committees with outreach efforts in developing talented and diverse applicant pools, and serves as a central resource for all faculty recruits and newly hired faculty in their transition to the Stanford community.
For information on University policies related to appointments and promotions, please see Stanford's Faculty Affairs, Office of the Provost. School-specific policies and procedures may be found at the Offices of the Deans of the School of Humanities and Sciences, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Education, Medicine, Law and Business.
For information about faculty professional development, diversity and support:
- Clayman Institute for Gender Research
- Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- School of Medicine Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education
- Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- University Human Resources