Open to all interested.
A panel discussion moderated by Estelle Freedman, Edgar E. Robinson Professor in United States History, and featuring:
- Catherine Criswell, Title IX Coordinator
- Michele Landis Dauber, Professor of Law
- John W. Etchemendy, Provost and Patrick Suppes Family Professor in the School of Humanities and Sciences
- Mary Elizabeth Magill, Dean, School of Law and Richard E. Lang Professor of Law and co-chair, Task Force on Sexual Assault Policies and Practices
- Elizabeth Nelson Woodson ’15, President, Associated Students of Stanford University and co-chair, Task Force on Sexual Assault Policies and Practices
Campus sexual assault has recently attracted extensive national and local attention. At Stanford, faculty as well as students and administrators have expressed concerns about how the university responds to assault charges and how we can minimize and prevent sexual assault. This panel will address these broad issues as well as the specific role of faculty as teachers, advisors, and scholars. Speakers will offer a range of perspectives on past and future policies to help faculty become better informed about Stanford procedures and the ways all members of the community can contribute to creating a safe and respectful campus climate.